Thursday, December 15, 2011

12/15/2011

So I've realized that I only feel like writing in here when I'm actually sailing, as dockside life seems rather dull to me.

That said, I'm going sailing again, leaving this afternoon on a fifty foot sloop for a delivery from New Smyrna Beach to Miami. We're looking at about a two hundred mile voyage aiming to get into port around saturday morning. I'm looking forward to getting some time out on the ocean, even though conditions sound less than ideal. I need the time for my near costal license, and I could stand to get a bit of salt in my hair; it's been a long time.

I've had some interesting travels since my last update, but it was all land based and more philosophy than action, which has been fun mental exercise. I am, however, ready to actually do something again.

No comments:

Post a Comment