Tuesday, April 3, 2012

04/03/2012

First off, I would like to apologize for not posting more while in yard. The work was not something I felt overly inspired to write about. While I did learn a lot, it wouldn't be an interesting read. We did get the hull repirs a few planks above the waterline and I am a lot more confident with a sledge hammer.

Now we are on the way back to Erie to finish repairs and get her rigged for the season. our coast guard inspection is in a month and I am confident that we will be ready. We have a strong crew and what looks to be an interesting season.

It feels good to have so many good people around; surrounded by old crew. It is hard to explain the feeling of belnging that a ship can give you. As hard as it got last year, and as hard as it will likely be this year, it feels good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment