Saturday, February 27, 2010

2/22/2010

For the past month life has been mostly sanding and varnishing with bits of tar and paint and fluid film to break up the regularity. Today however, was move on day; the next big event. Eleven of us currently living on the boat, as the Captain has a home nearby with a wife, so he's sleeping there. Seven of us sleeping in a room smaller than your living room; I can't tell you how excited I am. I'm lying in my bunk, dubbed "The Cave" due to its tiny little cave like appearance. I can hardly wait to get this finished so I can go to bed, wake up, and be that much closer to getting her sailing. The Captain is an intense and serious man, which are good qualities for a captain to have. I truthfully don't know why he hired me, but I intend to live up to my responsibilities that I accepted by doing so.
And now, to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment