Saturday, February 27, 2010

Introduction and post dated log entry

1/15/2010
As an introduction;

Brendan **** Licensed Merchant Mariner and for a little under a year, Tall ship sailor. Reformed bartender and repentant college dropout. As I write this I'm sitting in Florida relaxing and preparing for my first real sailing voyage. I've recently been signed on the Pride of Baltimore II for the great lakes voyage, along with sailing in Baltimore, and winter maintenance.

My sailing experience to date is fifty days on the U.S. Brig Niagara. In that time, I did learn a great deal and absolutely fell in love with the life. I don't think I can accurately discuss that time now, and that's not why I'm here. This is to talk about the future; This is to talk about the voyage to come.

In just over a week I'll be in Baltimore working on the winter crew getting the ship ready to sail; painting and sanding and varnishing. Moving forward is always good.

No comments:

Post a Comment