Wednesday, August 10, 2011

08/10/2011

Sitting on Navy Pier in Chicago watching the fireworks welcoming us into town. The crew is worn from the voyage, though the last few days have had some of the best sailing of the season. The night we lft Alpna was beautiful and clear with a strong north breeze driving us down the lack. It was my last watch with Alpha watch; I couldn't have asked for a better one. The stars were brilliant, the setting moon was beautiful and there weremore shooting stars than one could ever hope to count.
Yesterday around lunch we pulled into Milwalkie for the day to rideout some projected weather. I was pretty i.pressed and look forward to future visits.
Today was a very long day and I will write moreon it later but for now I have a hammock to attend to.

No comments:

Post a Comment