Thursday, August 18, 2011

08/18/2011

Now ashre in Port Washington after a few days of glorious sailing. For the first time in quite a spell we had the time to just sail and not worry about keeping a tight schedule. It was some outstanding sailing and the new kids took to it better than any of us thought possible. They showed dedication and zeal that we couldn't possibly have expected.
I am, however, looking forward to a sail with a crew that knows the boat and doesn't require constant training. It ma well be a weakness of my own character but for just a bit I would like to just sail. That isn't meant to belittle any of the trainees we have had this season, but it is a bit of a drain.
But for now I have my last goodbys say to the most recent batch and prepare for a festival here then the run back to Erie.

No comments:

Post a Comment