Sunday, April 10, 2011

04/08/2011

Well, the weather today was better than yesterday, but that really doesn't mean a whole lot. It wasn't snowing any more, but it was still pretty cold and windy. I spent most of today working on the headrig again. One of the other hands and I started out on seizings in the headrig, getting the heelrope for the jibbom solidly in place. I then got to set up the jibstay for being sent aloft and prepped the jib's backstays to tension with come-alongs. This process did involve putting on an immersion suit, setting up a ladder on the paint float and climbing up to the backstays, which was one of the more foolish seeming things I've done in a while, but it turned out well and eventually came to remind me of the big A Frame ladder in the black box at Goucher. Fun memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment